As the holiday season is upon us, you can't help but think of all the sweets , pastries, and salty treats that we will indulge in! Then, January 1st comes around and you starts to consider the gluttony you emerged yourself in! New Years resolution time! Diet, exercise, yoga, detox and see my acupuncturist weekly! Yes to all and yes to treating our lymphatic system better!
Why should I care about my lymphatic system? Boosting your lymphatic system will assist you fighting colds, filtering toxins, and clearing waste products. It is our bodies filtration system and important to the regulation of fluids in our body.
Here are 6 ways to boost your lymphatic system!
1. Hydrate: Drink plenty of water. It is recommended to drink 1/2 of your weight in ounce daily. Drinking hot water throughout the day will dilate your cells and opens them up for much-needed rehydration.
2. Breathe Deeply: Taking deep breaths through your nose during the day or exercise is a great lymph mover! Stimulating deep breaths will move the rib cage to expand fully. The rib cage is a major area to pump lymph in the body and will assist in circulating lymph for filtration.
3. De-stress: The stress-fighting hormone, called cortisol, is extremely acidic and lymph doesn’t drain well in an acidic environment. Relaxing and incorporating a practice like yoga, meditation, or exercise may assist in regulating your stress hormones.
4. Alkaline environment: Lymph doesn't like acidic environments at all! Eating lots of greens and other alkaline foods will promote circulation. Avoid acidic foods that are processed, fried or sweet.
5. Exercise and sweat: Exercising is phenomenal on the lymphatic system. Get that New Year Resolution going! Sweat to release toxins, and circulate lymph. Other recommendation are bouncing on a rebounder (mini trampoline) is the most efficient exercise for destagnating your lymphatic system. Consider the deodorant that you use can be blocking your lymphatic system from working properly!
6. Massage: There are massage therapist that specialize in lymphatic massages that one can do. Stimulating lymphatic movement can also be accomplished by massaging area's near your lymphatic glands to promote regulation.
If you have cellulite, unexplained bloating, feeling fatigued, prone to rashes or have food sensitivities, you may have a lymphatic issue. Testing in our office will help determine the root cause of your condition. For your free evaluation contact, 949.306.9486